Monday, November 9, 2009

NaNoWri: The Never Starting Story

Day 9 and my word count is still zero.

Tragic, I know. Yet, I have hardly rested. I finally finished a short story and (with some help from an exceptional editor) submitted it to this year's Spec the Halls Christmas story contest. And I have been working on the novel, I swear. I even have a working title, and a soundtrack to go with it.

More seriously, I have been trying to put some order in the chaos that accumulated in 4 or so years of notes about the universe and the story. It might seem like lots of material, and the problem is that it's possibly way too much for one novel. Sometimes it's divergent. Sometimes inconsistent (the main character changed gender and name 3 or 4 times through the years). So far I have written the "bible" of the novel (or perhaps, of the series of novels if this one clicks) and I have taken a stab at the cast of chracters, who they are, what they look like, what they want. Some of them are described in  a few paragraphs, other are half a sentence, translucent ghosts.

Now it's the most  dreaded time: working on a synopsis of the story. Stay tuned.

NaNoWriMo Day 9 - ProductiveFrom:NaNoWriMo Day 9: Productive | Inkygirl: Daily Diversions For Writers

No comments: